High performance computing (HPC) solutions have used Intel® TrueScale™ InfiniBand networks to meet the needs of the most demanding set of applications. The Intel® 12300 is an 18–36 port, 40Gbps Intel TrueScale InfiniBand switch designed to cost-effectively link workgroup resources into a cluster or provide an edge switch option for a larger fabric. Customers can manage the modular Intel TrueScale InfiniBand switch internally or externally. The Intel 12300 is part of the 12000 Series of products that deliver an exceptional set of high-speed networking features and functions.
- Quad data rate (QDR) line rate performance
- Ultra-low latency under heavy loads
- Flexible QoS maximizes bandwidth utilization
- Protects existing Intel TrueScale InfiniBand investments
- Highly reliable and available
- Easy to manage
- Minimal power and cooling requirements
- 18–36 ports of Intel TrueScale InfiniBand - 40Gbps performance with support for DDR and SDR
- 2.88Tbps aggregate bandwidth
- Intel TrueScale architecture with scalable, predictable low latency
- Multiple virtual lanes (VLs) per physical port
- Supports Virtual Fabric Partitioning
- Small QDR data center footprint with cost-effective Intel TrueScale InfiniBand edge port density
- External chassis management via optional Intel TrueScale InfiniBand Fabric Suite (IFS) management solution that provides an expanded set of fabric views and fabric tools
- RoHS 6 compliant
- Minimal power and cooling requirements
- Complies with Intel TrueScale InfiniBand Trade Association* (IBTA*) v1.2 standard
- Simple Installation and Configuration
Using the installation and configuration wizards contained in the IFS package allows end users to deploy fabrics in days instead of weeks.
- Low Latency
Intel’s 12300 provides scalable, predictable low latency, even at 90 percent traffic utilization. Predictable latency means HPC applications can easily be scaled without having to worry about diminished cluster performance or costly system tuning efforts.
- Flexible Partitioning
The Intel 12300 advanced design is based on an architecture that provides a comprehensive set of Virtual Fabric Partitioning capabilities, enabling the Intel TrueScale InfiniBand fabric to support the evolving requirements of an organization. The Intel TrueScale architecture, together with IFS, allows the fabric to be shared by mission critical applications while delivering maximum bandwidth utilization.
- Investment Protection
The 12000 Series of switch products adhere to the IBTA* version 1.2 standard, ensuring the ability to interoperate with all other IBTA*-compliant devices.
- Highly Reliable
The highly-reliable 12300 is built around state-of-the-art fault detection and recovery capabilities. It ships with hot-swappable, redundant power and cooling modules.
- Easy to Manage
Customers can manage the 12300 by utilizing an optional embedded fabric management capability and by taking advantage of Intel’s advanced IFS software to facilitate quicker installation and configuration. IFS tools verify fabric configuration, topology, and performance. Faults are automatically isolated to the component level and reported.
- Power Optimized
Maximum performance is delivered with minimal power and cooling requirements as part of Intel’s commitment to developing green solutions for the data center.
- 40/20/10Gbps auto-negotiation links
- Maximum of 36, 4x QDR ports (32 Gbit/s) or 18, 8x QDR ports (64 Gbit/s)
- Switching capacity: 2.88Tbps
- Virtual lanes: eight plus one management
- Maximum MTU size: 4,096 bytes
- Maximum multicast table size: 1,024 entries
- Supports quad small form factor pluggable (QSFP) optical and copper cable specifications
- 12300-BS01: 36 active ports
- 12300-BS18: 18 active ports
- Compliant with IBTA* specifications 1.0a, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.2.1
- Command line interface
- Optional external server-based Intel TrueScale InfiniBand compliant subnet manager
- Optional embedded fabric management
- IBTA*-compliant SMA, PMA, and BMA
- SNMP support
- Chassis management user interface
- 10/100 Ethernet Base T(RJ45)
- Serial port (RS-232 with DB9)
- One per Intel TrueScale InfiniBand port
- One for 10/100 Ethernet interface
- Two for Intel TrueScale InfiniBand switch status
- H x W x D: 43.2 x 439.6 x 609.6 mm (1.7 x 17.3 x 24 in)
- 5° – 40°C
- Humidity: 5–85 percent non-condensing
- Altitude: 0–10,000 feet
- Vibration: 5–500Hz, 0.27g, 5 sweeps
- Shock: 3.5g, 3ms, half sine, 20 repetitions
- Voltage: 100–240 VAC; 50–60Hz
- Power Consumption: 85–226W
- -40° – 65°C
- Humidity: 5–90 percent non-condensing
- Altitude: 0–40,000 feet
- Vibration: 2–200Hz, 0.5g, 5 sweeps
- Shock: 50g, 4216mmps, 13msec, 3-axis