Innovation Days Dach
In the context of the above-mentioned online event, sysGen gave
on 01.07.2020 the lecture
"VDI by Day-Compute@Night".
- Dieter Nikisch (founder) of sysGen
- Holger Rüße (CEO) and Maximilian Depta of MuM Osnabrück
- Rainer Schittek (Head of IT- und EAP) of PurPlan
ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING, AND CONSTRUCTION (AEC)
MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT
Virtual Compute Server
For compute intensive server workloads such as artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, and Data Science.
Quadro Virtual Data Center Workstation
For professional graphics applications; includes an NVIDIA Quadro driver.
GRID Virtual PC
For virtual desktops delivering standard PC applications, browser, and multimedia.
GRID Virtual Applications
Use with Citrix XenApp or other RDSH solutions like VMware Horizon Apps.
- Optimized license usage : (distribution according to need/costs).
- Cost savings through longer usage times of the end devices
- Centrality - Data management - Data security - Updates
- Mobile workstations (Home office, office workstations via inexpensive end devices - Through the server with the virtual workstations the data always remains in the data center or the cloud).
- Loading time optimization(10 bis 400 Gbit/s)
- Reduction of the administrative workload many times over through central updates etc.
- Use of new AI techniques, such as virtual twins, pattern recognition, etc. - essential for the survival of the companies.
- The extreme performance of GPU processors depends on high data supply at low latency. Previous storage systems cannot achieve this. When investing in new storage technology for the AI sector, please make sure that only SSDs are used. In many cases, these will be NVMe SSDs that exchange data directly with the data storage, bypassing the slow PCIe bus. Network connections should preferably be connected via Infiniband (IB), because this combines highest transfer rates with lowest latency. This way you get the most out of your infrastructure. High performance and disk drives should go separate ways from now on.
- Cost savings by using the servers for computationally intensive tasks (rendering, AI) outside regular working hours. Internationally active companies could move their work from time zone to time zone and thus carry out developments around the clock, on one platform at low cost and be the first on the market with new products.
PURPLAN Success Story (Customer feedback)
Rainer Schittek, Head of IT und EAP of PurPlan
Questions & Answers
To the speakers
VIRTUAL MACHINES AND APPS