Intel® True Scale Fabric Host Adapter 7300 Series
Building upon the advanced "host on-load" design, the single-port and dual-port 40Gbps Intel® True Scale Fabric Host Adapter 7300 Series meets the most demanding Message Passing Interface (MPI) application requirements and workloads, delivering extremely high HPC message rate performance, ultra-low latency, and the highest effective bandwidth. The architecture’s design also requires no onboard firmware or external memory for enhanced reliability, and power optimization is built-in with the maximum performance delivered at the lowest power.
- 10Gbps, 20Gbps, or 40Gbps per port
- 3400MBps unidirectional throughput
- 28M non-coalesced messages per second
- 1.0 microsecond latency that remains low as the fabric is scaled
- Multiple virtual lanes (VLs) for unique Quality of Service (QoS) levels per lane over the same physical port
- Intel TrueScale architecture, with MSI-X interrupt handling, is optimized for multi-core compute nodes
- Operates without external memory
- Optional data scrambling in Intel TrueScale InfiniBand link
- RoHS 6 compliant
- Complies with Intel TrueScale InfiniBand Trade Association* (IBTA*) v1.2.1 standard
- Supports OpenFabrics™ Alliance software distributions
- Quad data rate (QDR) Intel TrueScale InfiniBand delivers 40Gbps per port (4 × 10Gbps), providing the necessary bandwidth for highthroughput applications. Intel TrueScale HCA’s provide extremely high message rate and latency performance, which means superior performance for demanding HPC applications.
- Intel TrueScale architecture is designed to deliver near linear application scalability. As additional compute resources are added to a cluster, latency remains low and the message rate scales with the size of the fabric, resulting in maximum utilization of compute resources.
- The QLE7300 series’ advanced design does not need onboard firmware or external memory, which enhances not only its performance, but also reliability. The ASIC has ECC protection on all internal SRAMs and parity checking on all internal buses. Equally important, the stateless design is inherently more resilient to adapter and fabric failures as it minimizes its reliance on the connection state. Optional data scrambling provides a mechanism to optimize data patterns, which in turn minimizes the bit-error rate.
- This fourth generation product is compliant with the Intel TrueScale InfiniBand Trade Association* (IBTA*) version 1.2.1 specification, ensuring interoperability with all other IBTA* compliant devices. In addition, support for OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution™ (OFED™) releases ensures rapid adoption by major operating system vendors, system integrators, and independent hardware (IHV) and software (ISV) vendors.
- Maximum performance is delivered at the lowest power —5.2W typical (QLE7340) and 6.2W typical (QLE7342 — of any QDR-capable, dualport adapter.
- Each QLE7300 series adapter is RoHS 6 compliant as well as antimony free and halogen free.
Host Bus Interface Specifications
- IBTA* Specification 1.2.1 compliant
- PCI Hot Plug Specification revision 1.0, PCI
- Bus Power Management Interface Specification revision 1.2
Intel TrueScale InfiniBand Interfaces and Specifications
- Configurable for one, two, four, or eight VLs
- 2KB MTU or
- 4KB MTU (single Intel TrueScale InfiniBand port)
- All standard Intel TrueScale InfiniBand MTUs including 4KB
- Supports quad small form factor pluggable (QSFP) optical and copper cable specifications; CX4/microGigaCN specifications
PCI Express Card
- Low profile (4.83in x 2.71in)
- Standard: 1.84cm x 12.08cm (.73in x 4.76in)
- Low profile: 1.84cm x 8.01cm (.73in x 3.15in)
- Link status LED indicators
- QLE7340: One QDR 4X Intel TrueScale InfiniBand
- QLE7342: Two QDR 4X Intel TrueScale InfiniBand
Environment and Equipment Specifications
- QLE7340: Typical 5.2W
- QLE7342: Typical 6.2W
- Operating: 10–55° C (estimated)
- Storage: -40–70° C (estimated)
- 10%–95% (operating, non-condensing) (estimated)/li>
- 5%–100% (non-operating, non-condensing) (estimated)
- RoHS 6 and green packaging (antimony free and halogen free)
Tools and Utilities
Host driver/upper level protocol (ULP) support
- OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED™)
- Performance Scaled Messaging library for accelerated MPI application performance
- Intel FastFabric toolset
- MVAPICH2, MVAPICH, Open MPI, Platform MPI, Intel MPI
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Enterprise Linux* Server
- Scientific Linux®